[odf-discuss] Whether to allow DOC for JTC 1 documents being considered

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 09:32:11 EDT 2008

FWIW, I ran across this document while looking for something else. I don't
have any interest in checking on it further. However, I thought some here
might be interested in doing so. But it appears that the Australian proposal
is that JTC 1 require publication of its documents over the Web in HTML, DOC
binaries, or ODT. Excel 2000 is the only identified format for spreadsheets.
RTF and PDF are described as options of last resort.
<http://www.jtc1access.org/documents/swga_309_SWG-D%20Recommendation%209.pdf>

So much for implementation of international standards. :-D

Best regards,

Paul