[odf-discuss] GNOME Foundation Statement on ECMA TC45-M Participation

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Nov 25 23:24:02 EST 2007

<quote who="Christian Einfeldt">

> Both Pamela Jones and Jeff Waugh and Miguel de Icaza and GNOME and Novell
> have all made amazing contributions to the development and proliferation
> of FOSS and open standards.  Robust debate is a good thing, as Jeff Waugh
> has said, we do agree on 99% of the substance as outlined in his 5 point
> statement.

Thanks for the sentiment. Actually, more than that, we agree on 99.9% of our
values and vision with regards to Software Freedom -- which means far more
than any statement!

> IMHO, we have two basic approaches to this issue of ISO for MOOXML. Jody
> wants to draw documentation out of Microsoft. Miguel and Jody have a valid
> point here.

I'd also like to point out, for the record, that Miguel had absolutely no
involvement or bearing on the GNOME Foundation's decision to support Jody's
participation in ECMA TC45-M, and he is no longer involved with GNOME or the
GNOME Foundation on a daily basis.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

  "Whether you want to set fire to old institutions or to build whole new
               ones, nothing beats a good blog." - Doc Searls