[odf-discuss] Response from a GNOME Foundation board director

Jody Goldberg jody at gnome.org
Sat Nov 3 19:26:24 EDT 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 11:50:37AM +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:

> > The ODF TC was fraught with politics, and produced significantly
> > fewer benefits.
>
> If so, this is a serious issue that should be addresses (in the proper
> seats, not sure this is the one). But I still feel that giving up ODF
> now only makes OOXML win.

We're not giving up on ODF.  Work is continuing on our ODF filters.
However, there are no plans to adopt it as Gnumeric's native file
format either. (nor are we considering adopting MOOX before anyone
asks).

The only result from my experiences on the TC has been that I'm not
rushing to rejoin.  It is like postponing a visit to the dentist.
You know it's going to hurt, but you need to get things cleaned and
go anyway.