[odf-discuss] Gnome Foundation and ECMA

Lars Noodén lars at umich.edu
Sat Nov 3 07:48:38 EDT 2007

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Lars wrote:
>> No.  The above two statements make it very unclear.
>>
>> 1) Right now as you say GNOME is helping Jody to participate in Ecma
>> 2) Ecma is currently working on achieving ISO standardization of MOOX,
>> or as you call it, OOXML.
>> 3) Thus, GNOME is  pursuing or assisting with ISO standardization of
>> MOOX, or as you call it, OOXML.
>
> Wrong.

Not wrong.  See below.

> 2) Jody is not participating in the ISO ballot resolution with Ecma (he is entirely inactive).

Irrelevant.  Jody's participation or lack there of, does not change the
facts 1,2,3 in the first list above.

It's not relevant, though I do admit that it would add to the damage if
he had been active in attendance or contributing to the current TC 45
activities.

Regards,
-Lars