[odf-discuss] Docvert 3.0 is out...
odf-fellowship at holloway.co.nz
Thu Jan 18 04:43:05 EST 2007
Well, now 10 months since 2.0 we've finally released version 3. Docvert
converts Word Processor files to OpenDocument, and then to DocBook and
HTML. Here's what's new,
* Post-conversion editing. Upload an word processing file, preview,
and edit it on the browser. Remove chapters, correct typos, and rebuild
the document to download the resulting HTML. See
* FTP/WebDAV upload. Send the results of a conversion to your website.
* Control every tag and attribute with XSLT, PHP, and XML Pipelines.
* Image format conversion. Convert WMF files to PNG and GIF.
* Microsoft Word Plugin, which installs a toolbar and allows one-way
conversion of the word document to OpenDocument and HTML (multiple
pages, based on document structure, controlling any tag or attribute).
Try a demo at http://docvert.com/demo/3.0 (this demo only allows ODT
uploads, due to server resources, although the full version uses a
server word processor to convert from Word to OpenDocument, which is why
I mention it on this list). I'm using OpenDocument as the way-point for
all document format conversions.
If you upload an ODT file try clicking "Edit Document" below the zip
download to edit the document and then hit 'save' to rebuild.
You can get the software from http://docvert.org/
More information about the odf-discuss