[odf-discuss] Updated installer for Linux
daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Jan 12 09:00:58 EST 2007
1. I updated the new Linux installer.
2. I'm happy with it so I updated the web page to point to it.
I made the installer more robust. Now it fails gracefully when certain
conditions aren't met.
1. If you install as root, the install works. You just lose automatic
2. In the somewhat unlikely event that you don't have the GUI dialog
program I use, it tries to use the KDE alternative (which isn't as good
btw, but is better than nothing).
3. In the very unlikely event that you don't have python or gpg, the
installation still works and you just lose automatic updates.
I do know of a way to make the install fail. If you install as root, and
click OK before it's done installing. The installation will be half done
and won't work. I haven't found a solution for this.
-- Dutch is essentially German written with English spelling.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.opendocumentfellowship.com/pipermail/odf-discuss/attachments/20070112/abf7ca02/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the odf-discuss