[odf-discuss] .ott file format

Damon Anderson damon at corigo.com
Wed Feb 21 00:08:02 EST 2007

Certainly .ott is simply an alternate extension on an .odt that defines it
as being a template rather than a document, but in a corporate environment
Template Files are extremely important, and I assure 95% of all
documentation my company produces starts from an .ott file. I agree with
Mirko, why take out an extremely useful tool. Every office suite I have
ever used has document templates, to not include them in a specification
for an office suite would be wrong.

In point of of fact my major complaint with OOo is that I don't have a
simple and easy way of configuring all of my OOo installs for all of my
staff with my document standards, like the corporate font, proper page
sizes (A4 and not Letter) etc. The only real way to enforce a document
standard with OOo (unless I sit down and reconfigure the application for
every user login on every machine) is to require all staff to use the .ott
templates on the server.

-Damon