[odf-discuss] Issue Tracker
daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Dec 20 16:50:01 EST 2006
As some you know, the ODF Viewer needs an issue tracker. As we move
towards the stable release we'll need to start keeping track of bugs and
let people submit bug reports and feature requests.
Right now we're looking at Google Code, and we'd like some feedback:
Advantages we see:
* We don't have to install or maintain anything. Let Google take care of
* It doesn't add server load, as it's hosted elsewhere.
* We can put the viewer download links there. So that when we're popular
we don't end up serving a lot of 9MB files.
* The user interface is very simple and user friendly (for issue tracker
* You need a gmail account to post an issue or do anything.
* You can upload files when you submit an issue the first time, but
after that only "members" can upload files.
We'd like to get some feedback from this list. What do you think? Can
you think of any alternatives that might be better?
My personal opinion is that this is a good choice. I think that feature
wise it is good enough, and that the ease of use argument is compelling.
More information about the odf-discuss