[odf-discuss] OOo OOXML filters

Alex Hudson alex at stratagia.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 12:12:29 EST 2006

marbux wrote:
> On 12/12/06, Alex Hudson <alex at stratagia.co.uk> wrote:
>> I don't think that's true - at least, OXML's inclusion of XPath is
>> neither here nor there.
>
> You'd get a big argument on that from Gary Edwards and Florian Reuter. :-)

I think wires have probably been crossed. OXML doesn't need to include
XPath any more than ODF does.

>> Ditto, the style models of the two formats are sufficiently different
>> that converting in XSLT would be painful.
>
> But that is what the Novell/Microsoft/CleverAge project is doing.

No, it's not. They're doing the main structural conversion in XSLT, but
then they're using a post-processing output to do transformations that
are too difficult/cumbersome to do in XSLT.

The two examples I gave are being coded in C# in the CleverAge project.

> Not things like <office:font-decls><style:font-decl>? How are they not
> processing instructions?

Because they're tags.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-pi

--